Wednesday 13 April 2011

Love Josephine at The Kitchen Table

My sister & I went to this great local cafe today called "The Kitchen Table". She (my sis) is a fantastic amateur photographer, and I thought this was the perfect place to take her, as it's a cafe combined with an ever-changing photo gallery. 




The cafe itself is so fun. It's an eclectic mix of Kiwiana, with family photos, and old plates on the wall, a sideboard with a collection of ceramics, and a big chandelier. You really do feel like you're sitting in someones house, except that you're being waited on. Yummy food and friendly service made it a thoroughly enjoyable visit.


When we went through to the gallery we discovered this delightful exhibition called 
"Love Josephine" by Joanne Gray. It is a series of images inspired by quotes and Jo's love for movies, fashion and interior design. Retouching is her craft and all her images are unashamedly retouched. Photoshop is my favourite programme to work in, so I was fascinated with these pictures. I have fallen in love with the one of the girl on the sofa with her cup of tea, and there is another gorgeous one of the girl pouring bubbly into her bubble bath (sadly I couldn't find this pic online to show you).










If you live in Napier, you must go and see it, and I'm sure her exhibition will be shown around New Zealand also. You can purchase the large pictures framed or unframed, or they are also available in 6" x 6" photo blocks.

1 comment :

  1. The table setting with the hydrangea and chandelier look like the perfect way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips