Friday 26 October 2012

Fifty Shades of Gray

Sorry, I know that 'Fifty Shades' title has been round the block a few times - I just couldn't resist, and it is quite an apt title for this blog post. You see, I want to talk to you about gray in all it's glorious shades, and how it's a fabulous choice for your walls.

You probably know by now that I love a fresh white wall. But for those of you who find white a little stark, a soft gray is the perfect choice. And likewise, a black wall can look extremely striking, but if black is too dramatic for you, how about a charcoal gray?!

So many colours and styles look great with gray - black & white Scandi style; the industrial look, brilliant in a kitchen teamed with stainless steel; pops of bright colour look gorgeous on a gray background; it's a fab neutral choice for a child's room, add whatever colour you want in the bedding and accessories; or a soft soothing gray creates a calm environment in an adult's bedroom.








1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

6 comments :

  1. Lovely, calm rooms thanks Vic. My 9 year old desperately wants a rabbit...much like that one in the first image I imagine. Have been trying to explain that a rabbit and a dog don't mix very well. This is the same child who can't understand why a horse can't graze in our back garden. Have a lovely weekend. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the vintage furniture, white hydrangeas and (cork?) pendant light in the second image. Scrummy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of grey as well. The 4th to last definitely says "Cush & Nooks" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first picture of the grey bedroom! so cosy. Not to mention the fact that I am having major pet envy! The cutest bunny ever! ;) Yels x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these images, Grey is usually thought to be a depressing colour but its far from it as these images show.

    I love the way you have listed the image sources at the bottom as simple numbers, hope you don't mind me borrowing the idea for future posts...looks so much more tidy than my method.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grey is definitely a favourite of mine too, next to white of course! Was actually looking at some gorgeous white linen with some grey detail over the weekend. Perfect for my bedroom I think :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips