Monday 10 December 2012

Siggada Kilims

If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know how crazy in love I am with colour, pattern and texture. Throw in a bit of Boho, and a touch of the exotic, and I'm in heaven!
So of course a Kilim rug is very high on my wish list. For a while now I've admired from afar the beautiful selection at Loom in Melbourne. But now we are lucky enough to have a gorgeous range right here in New Zealand at Siggada Kilims.




Siggada is owned and operated in Auckland by Pip Maxwell and Lisa Reid. The talented interior designer & graphic designer duo make the perfect partners for selling and promoting these amazing textiles. I met the lovely Pip when she was visiting Hawke's Bay recently, and loved hearing the story of how they came to sell rugs (check their website). The girls occasionally take to the roads with their wares, so keep an eye on their Facebook page.




The Siggada range is growing and ever-changing. No two products are the same, and the history of each piece is fascinating. When looking through the gallery I seem to favour the geometric diamond patterns (this top one would look just perfect in my living room)...






But there are many more designs...





There's also a gorgeous range of decorative items available, like this Moroccan wedding blanket, and pompom blanket...




The Suzani throws are divine...




And beautiful cushions galore!



3 comments :

  1. Oh beautiful rugs! Thanks for discovering them for me xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing collection of rugs. This was a fantastic discovery - thanks so much for sharing! On my wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like my idea of heaven! I've got my eye on that over-dyed blue beauty!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips