Friday 15 February 2013

Big Love for Big Save

Don't you just love rugs?! They bring warmth, colour and texture, and they help to ground
a room. Add a rug under your coffee table and between your sofas and it instantly pulls everything together. 


I was at a friend's home recently and commented on their amazing new chevron rugs.
I was so excited to hear that they're from Big Save Furniture. I am a true believer that style doesn't have to cost a fortune. My theory is to have one or two beautiful designer pieces, and balance those out with some more affordable pieces.







I popped in to my local Big Save store and had a chat to the team. They were so helpful and friendly, and had some really great furniture. I got all the info on the rugs so I could share it with you. The rugs measure 140cm x 200cm and are made from 100% cotton. The zig zag rug is available in black, grey, orange, and yellow, and they also have a very cute multi coloured peacock pattern. The pattern is printed onto the mat, so they are single sided. Retail price is $199, but for a limited time they are selling them at half price -$99, what a steal!




I also discovered that they have matching cushions. They are a great size at 50cm square, and come in the same pattern and colour range as the rugs. These retail for $40, but again are on sale at only $20 each! Cushions are the easiest way to change the look of your room, and I am always changing and swapping mine (to the great amusement of my husband!). At such a fantastic price these cushions are super affordable. Why not pop in to your local Big Save store and have a look for yourself.



9 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tip...... I have never been to big save! I'm going to see if I can grab a grey one. So cute! Yels x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Vic, you are kidding! What an amazing find. I wrote Big Save off a long time ago when I brought my first set chest of draws for my first flat. They broke after a couple of months! Will def check it out. Thank you. You need to find us more fab bargains like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I've totally been looking out for a chevron rug! super excited and i will have to check out these out very soon!!! now if only I could source some good quality affordable acapulco chairs.. (big saves one's just don't cut it..) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'll be heading into Big Save for the first time ever! Awesome find - well done you. Hope they do some stripes next! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bummer! I am too far away again! I would probably sell my soul for that grey chevron rug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Off to big save tomorrow then!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun patterns and colours. Too bad we don't have them States Side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find Vic! These look fab :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips