Wednesday 17 July 2013

Passionate About Design

There is an interiors shop in Sydney called PAD - Passionate About Design. I love the name, because it's an apt description of me, and the shop itself has me written all over it.
A gorgeous mix of influences ranging from exotic Asia to the cool Bahamas, Hollywood Regency to wild Africa. The colours and patterns are so divine - lots of blues and greens, black & white, with pops of vibrant accent colours. Vintage mingles with contemporary, and fabrics such as Shumacher and Christopher Farr Cloth have me weak at the knees.









I first became aware of PAD via an edition of Adore Magazine, and also found these photos taken and shared by fellow blogger, Heidi of Paddo to Palmy.




Gorgeous window displays.






Fabulous drum stools and chairs.





Incredible detail. I hope one day soon I get to visit.

8 comments :

  1. oh my god. the blue velvet chesterfield, the pretzel chair & the pink wingback. sublime.

    jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Vic this place looks right up your alley! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Amy, I just wish it was a bit closer! x

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous shop it's lovely to see a store with such a colourful, eclectic mix. I loathe to say it but Auckland doesn't have enough stores like this. Often I see the same products in 4 different homeware stores. When I next visit Sydney, PAD will definitely be on my list of to do's :)

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're saying Lee. There are such gorgeous, unique pieces in PAD, and that's what you want in your home. I hope I get to visit soon too. x

      Delete
  4. It is fascinating following the very coolest interiors/styling blogs, as you see the fashions pop up at least a year ahead of the NZ stores. Just can't get my head around the early 80's style here, though. Ye gods am I showing my age?? Yes I think I am. I remember the big Philadendron pot plants, the bright painted furniture, the macrame rugs from my childhood (very early childhood, of course??). We used to make macrame and bead pot plant hangers, and cover bamboo chairs just like these. Have to love fashion coming around again and again!!! And LOVE that we all have different styles. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more to add to the list for my next visit to Sydney. Thanks for the intro! x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips